Minfocus International Inc. (“MFI”) was incorporated on December 6th, 1994. Initial exploration targets were bulls eye aeromagnetic anomalies north of Thunder Bay, Ontario that could be kimberlite pipes. This work was cut short by a discovery in Yukon which caused the company to redirect its efforts. After this activity the company was dormant until 2008 when management revitalized the company and redirected its exploration efforts at the Thunder Bay area of Ontario. One of MFI’s original bulls’ eye aeromagnetic anomalies had been demonstrated to host a platinum, palladium, copper, nickel deposit as a result of drilling by Magma Metals Ltd which made the discovery in December 2006.
- 1993 – Initial Exploration in MCR for diamondiferous kimberlites
- 1995 – Realise that nickel-copper-platinum made more plausible targets in region than kimberlites; Minfocus redirects to Yukon.
- 1999 – Commence PGE Copper Nickel exploration in MCR
- 2001 – Harper/Wilson discover anomalous assays of PGE with high Pt:Pd ratios in boulders adjacent to Current Lake
- 2006 – Magma Metals drills discovery hole of Current Lake Deposit which exceeds 700,000 oz Pt-Equivalent
- 2010 – Springlet Lake survey reveals geochemical and magnetic anomalies.
- 2010 – JV Earn-In with Northcliff Resourcems (HDI group)
- 2010 – Initial Springlet Lake drill program
- January 2011 – Luella Option Agreement signed
- February 2011 – Seagull Option Agreement signed
- March 2011 – Chief Peter Option Agreement signed
- Spring 2011 – Field work on all targets
- January 2012 – Completed Qualifying Transaction and now listed and trading on the TSX-V as Minfocus Exploration Corp (MFX)
- Minfocus Exploration Announces Coral Property Drilling and Sampling Results Confirm Extensive Zones of Significant Zinc Mineralization
- Minfocus Exploration Announces Completion of First Coral Project Drilling Program and Assay Samples Submission
- Minfocus Exploration Announces TSXV Final Acceptance of Private Placement and the Initial Drilling Program at Coral Property